Search This Blog

Thursday 1 December 2011

Throw Pillows - white with blue ribbons

I am still working on the final touches of our bedroom makeover.  The window seat turned out fantastic, but I never got around to making the throw pillows for it. 



I have all the fabric and pillows just need to find the time to sew them.  With Christmas fast approaching I have put it into high gear and I am determined to complete the project this week.

This is the first set of pillows I will be making.  They are white with a navy blue ribbon detailing.



After cutting the fabric into 4 rectangles, I cut the ribbon into strips and marked the fabric as to where I wanted them to go. 




I then used fusing tape to attach the ribbons to the front of the pillow fabric.



I decided to put zippers in all the pillows I make, as it just gives it that final touch and a more professional look.  Plus if you ever need to wash them it really makes it a breeze.

Here is a little trick I learned (I am not much of a sewer, so this was new to me, however, you might already know this), put the zipper in first on what ever side seam you decided then finish all the other seams up.

The ribbons took a lot longer than I thought they would, but I think the extra effort and time was well worth it.  The pillow on it's own was just to plain. 


Look how great they look on my window seat.



Now that's Creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment